Advice for a new AoS player: Specifically Nighthaunt

General_Strike

Advice for a new AoS player: Specifically Nighthaunt

Post by General_Strike » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:07 am

Hey guys, just had my introductory game of AoS at the warhammer store the other day, and now I'm hooked. I joined a escalation league, and chose Nighthaunt. My current plans for a 1000 point list is a Chainguard battalion, alongside a Spirit Host, Knight on Ethereal Steed, Lord Executioner, and another 10x ghost Chainrasp Horde. Then I would build from their, with a Execution Horde and a Deathriders battalions for my 2k.

Kastor Krieg

Re: Advice for a new AoS player: Specifically Nighthaunt

Post by Kastor Krieg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:05 am

I bought almost the whole of the Nighthaunt release so I'm in a similar place, but I had no time to delve into the details. Managed to assemble most and queue them for painting :D

Would love some good advice.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

General_Strike

Post by General_Strike » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:38 pm

My plan is to use 20 model hordes of Chainrasps with Knight of Shroud and Guardian of Souls so that all the Chainrasps that end up attacking will wound on 3+, have 3 attacks, and reroll wounds of one. The black coach is just a beast of a model, and I'm choosing it over the Morgul just because the model is better.

General_Strike

Post by General_Strike » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:43 pm

I've also been told that the malign cog spell is great for making Ghosts super fast and for getting them into combat quick.