Trials and Tribulations of the Duardin of Barak Aamon

RahXephon

Trials and Tribulations of the Duardin of Barak Aamon

Post by RahXephon » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:14 am

Hello,

Pretty new forum and likewise a pretty new sky dwarf. I've lurked on TGA for a bit but didn't quite like the rolling nature of the one thread for Kharadrons, having our own area here makes it feel... homely I guess...

I like to keep most things in one place so here I'm planning to put up everything related to my KO. Back in the fantasy days I ran vampire counts but couldn't bring myself to break my orderly/shambolic skelly formations for AoS. The Kharadron models definitely gave me some inspiration so I picked up a bunch and here I am. I cant say I intend to play it, I just liked the models, but if there's people around in Auckland NZ then maybe. I don't know if much of an AoS scene exists locally...

I had a fairly big influence for why I wanted to start KO, and so have made up my own skyport and respective colours. I'll leave out the inspiration for now and see if anyone can work it out. First test Arkanauts have come out and I'm pretty happy with the results. Although I might see about adding another sort of metallic to the helmets so it's not just brass.

The Duardin of Barak Aamon hail from the Realm of Aqshy. They're based further out towards the edges of the realm, far from the recent incursions of the stormhost and on the edges of chaos influence. They operate in an area near a small village of displaced free peoples called Tirin. These are really their only trading partners as of their remoteness and other groups hostility. So they're hardly affluent. Recently they lost their skyport and are now Barak-less, the colour scheme I'm using now is meant to pay homage to assitance provided by the village of Tirin during this time rather than their original Barak Aamon patterns.

I've picked up quite a few models, so now have got a lot of cutting and painting to do haha. Plus some ideas for conversions here and there.

On the Arkanauts I'm also wondering about adding highlights on the orange as I think it's a bit flat at the moment, but not sure exactly how to highlight an already light orange.

Thanks for any suggestions and cheers

Kastor Krieg

Re: Trials and Tribulations of the Duardin of Barak Aamon

Post by Kastor Krieg » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:56 pm

Neat! Welcome to the Forum! :)

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

ManlyMuppet88

Re: Trials and Tribulations of the Duardin of Barak Aamon

Post by ManlyMuppet88 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:07 am

Looking good! I do think the orange needs something. Maybe a bone edge highlight?
Nothing to worry about though, they look great.