The Return of Slaanesh??? Thoughts?

General S&H discussion
ManlyMuppet88

The Return of Slaanesh??? Thoughts?

Post by ManlyMuppet88 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:54 pm

So with the Realm of Chaos: Wrath and Rapture announcement, speculation has been rampant that Slaanesh will be freed and I want to know what everyone’s thouhts are.
Do you think Slaanesh is going to escape and what do think about that?

Personally, I don’t believe Slaanesh will be released. The Realm of Chaos title makes me think that it is literally set in the Realm of Chaos and won’t necessarily have anything to do with Slaanesh’s imprisonment. And I like it that way. I prefer Slaanesh being locked up, it’s an interesting narrative tool and adds a little mystery to the setting.

Kastor Krieg

Re: The Return of Slaanesh??? Thoughts?

Post by Kastor Krieg » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 pm

I think the rumours of Slaanesh being released (literally and as miniatures) refer to the coming Slaanesh daemons / Fulgrim / Noise Marine rumours in 40k.

Threefold Brush Studio Cheap! Fast! Gorgeous! We ship worldwide.

sfPanzer

Post by sfPanzer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:00 am

I definitely expect Slaanesh to be freed soon-ish. The elves milked her for souls long enough now and the current narrative is called soul wars so it makes sense for Slaanesh to play a role there. Plus nobody knows what kind of effects Nagashs Necroquake has on all kind of things except that it is quite literally shaking things up.

It also makes sense for GW to bring back Slaanesh for a potential double release of new Daemon models for both systems.
Last edited by sfPanzer on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ManlyMuppet88

Post by ManlyMuppet88 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:40 am

Kastor Krieg wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 pm
I think the rumours of Slaanesh being released (literally and as miniatures) refer to the coming Slaanesh daemons / Fulgrim / Noise Marine rumours in 40k.
The Wrath and Rapture reveal was specifically listed under an AoS banner on Warhammer Community so we’ll likely see some develepment in AoS and that’s what I’m refering to. Of course, any Daemon release will work for both systems.